Funded by Scottish Government’s Workplace Equality Fund, PiPA is working with Federation of Scottish Theatre and partners across Scotland sharing best practice, insights and resources, and establishing a network of performing arts organisations and individual practitioners focused on enhancing and galvanising local support for carers and parents in the sector.
In order to comply with the Government’s social distancing guidelines, all planned PiPA activity has been adapted and moved to a virtual platform. Here you will find more information about forthcoming opportunities to meet with us and network with other performing arts organisations and practitioners based in Scotland.
Virtual Coffee Mornings
Join our Scotland team and partners, along with other performing arts organisations and practitioners from theatre, dance, music and opera every Wednesday for a virtual coffee morning.
Facilitated by Saffy Setohy (Scotland Co-ordinator) and Matt Harper- Hardcastle (Charter Programme Manager), these sessions are a space for networking and meeting other people working in performing arts in Scotland, as well as sharing perspectives and resources about caring and parenting.
- Being A Carer – Wednesday 29th April, 10:15-11:00
- Returning To Work / Young Children – Wednesday 6th May, 10:15-11:00
- Caring For Adults/ Children With Additional Needs – Wednesday 13th May, 10:15-11:00
- Burnout/ Work-Life Balance – Wednesday 20th May, 10:15-11:00
- Exploring Development Opportunities – Thursday 28th May, 10:30-12:00, (see below, book via Eventbrite)
- Celebrating #CarersWeek with Carers Scotland – Wednesday 10th June, 10:15-11:15am
- Juggling a Portfolio Career – Wednesday 17th June, 10:15-11:15am
- Finance for Freelance Parent/ Carers – Wednesday 24th June, 10:15-11:15am
Please email email@example.com for more information and to register your info. Zoom invitation details will be circulated 30 mins prior to each session.
Exploring Development Opportunities
Are you working in the performing arts in Scotland? Do you have perspectives to share on professional development for parents and carers working in the sector? PiPA are hosting an online meeting for Scotland-based performing arts organisations and practitioners with caring responsibilities. Appearances from other household members (kids, pets etc) very welcome!
- Thursday 28th May 2020 – 10:30am – 12:30pm on Zoom
The conversation will look at what existing opportunities and support is available in Scotland during lockdown, and what further opportunities are needed, particularly for freelance parents and carers.
There will also be a focus on what comes next after lockdown in terms of artist development programmes and initiatives that may be available, and what further engagement opportunities might be needed for practitioners with caring responsibilities.
As well as hearing from the PiPA team, we will hear from other Scotland based performing arts organisations across dance, music and theatre, including Dance Base, The Work Room, Tron Theatre, Magnetic North, Birds of Paradise, Scottish Dance Theatre, Federation of Scottish Theatre and Creative Scotland.
The PiPA Scotland pilot project is running from January-July 2020 and is supported by: