PiPA is currently investigating Work Life Balance, Diversity and Caring Responsibilities in Classical Music. Following our sector-wide survey earlier this year, we are concluding this research by conducting a series of 1-to-1 interviews. Throughout these interviews, PiPA will delve deeper into perceptions of a 'good and ideal performer,' how caring comes into this and some of the perceived barriers to providing support. This research is supported by Help Musicians UK, Musicians Union, Association of British Orchestras, Liverpool Philharmonic, SWAP’ra, Black Lives in Music and UK Music.
PiPA is looking for 5-6 individuals who work in Classical Music to participate in these 1-to-1 interviews, conducted by Professor Almuth McDowall of Birkbeck, University of London.
The interviews will be 60-80 minutes long, and will take place on Zoom at a mutually convenient date and time. Each participant will receive a £65 fee.
PiPA is particularly interested in hearing from:
- Agents, Contractors or Fixers
- CEO's or Musical Directors
- Musicians/ Composers/Conductors/ Opera singers who have a protected characteristic/s
- Single Parent creatives
- Parenting responsibilities: Mother, father, adoptive parent, foster carer and/or legal guardian of a child under the age of 18
- Care responsibilities: Anyone who is responsible, unpaid, for the care of a friend, family member or another person who, for a variety of reasons, is not currently able to cope without their support.